Sunday, June 19, 2011

All your bed are belong to us

You may have noticed by now, if you've browsed through Sadie and Katie's photo gallery, that there are more than a handful of pictures of them lying on our bed. Either it's Sadie:

Sadie

or it's Katie:

Katie

or it's both:

Katie and Sadie

Why on the bed? Our bedroom as a south-facing window (if our room had a north-facing window that'd be better but we don't) that lets in a lot of natural light so it's bright. And it gets warm and toasty in there. And most greyhounds would never let an unoccupied bed go to waste like this. So there you are.

Usually I just use natural light and not augment it with bounce flash, but I've also used my flash, too:

Sadie

(I used the Nikon SB-400 flash for this picture.)

The light is pretty decent, so there will be more Sadie and Katie pictures-on-the-bed, for sure.

Now...if only I can find a spot on the bed for myself...

7 comments:

  1. My bedroom also faces south, my bed is warm, sunny, toasty, and the kingdom of three kitties... So I know how difficult it is to find a place in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know all too well about that prime real estate on the bed! The couch is a pretty high commodity, too!

    I love those pictures of the girls! Sadie's eyes in that last shot are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. carrie, you can see the light bounced off the ceiling in that shot, so sadie ended up with multiple catchlights in her eyes. looks a little unusual when you expect to see only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catchlights, I never knew what they were called before:) Actually I'd never wondered what they were called either but it's nice to know they've got a name.

    Lovely photos of the girls. Yes, Beryl's favourite place is on my bed, usually cuddling up to my pillow:) Or by the heater, which is where she is now. It's so easy to get photos of Greyhounds resting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog from Tales and Tails. WOW! Your photographs are stunning! I wish I had known about you when we were at GIG because I would have definitely had you photograph our hounds too! I just read about your Sadie and Katie in the CG Magazine. I look forward to seeing more of your work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, angela! i plan on going again to GIG next year and do more sessions so contact me when that event rolls around again. since i am just starting out i only announced on Greytalk that i offered to do sessions. (couldn't think of where else i could let people know... :P)

    i'll be at dewey again this year and will do sessions there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know they were called catchlights, either!

    You're going to be at Dewey? I'm not certain, but I think I'm going with a friend! Maybe I'll run into you this year after all!

    ReplyDelete