Friday, June 22, 2012

Keiki and Marley

What kind of photo can you get in 10 minutes?

You can get this:

20120519_0139

...which makes for a great stink-eye picture, but was not what I was asked to get.

Or, you can get this:

Keiki and Marley

Wow...they sort of arranged themselves with their faces about equidistant from me, and I had a split-second to get it, or the moment would be lost. As it so happened, this was the very last frame I took.

I hope to get more time with them in the future and really do a better job for the two of them.

(Shot with the Nikon D300 using the 50mm f/1.8, and the 70-200mm VR zoom lens and the SB-800 flash; aperture-priority, with aperture set to f/5.6; camera chose shutter speed of 1/320 second (top, at ISO 800)  and 1/125 second (bottom, at ISO 400); center-weighted metered; exposure compensation set to -0.7; auto white balance; shot in RAW.)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking such amazing photos of my pups! I absolutely love that last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, tara. i hope we can hook up again and get more pictures of your pups.

      Delete
  2. That is some pretty cute stink eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keiki was in the act of blinking -- i caught her at the wrong/right moment.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I love picture No. 1: Keike looks like a starlet protesting the photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know...it's like she's ready to bring out her can of whup-ass.

      Delete
  4. Cute pups. For me, taking pics of greyhounds is akin to doggie reportage.

    ReplyDelete