Friday, June 22, 2012

Keiki and Marley

What kind of photo can you get in 10 minutes?

You can get this:

20120519_0139

...which makes for a great stink-eye picture, but was not what I was asked to get.

Or, you can get this:

Keiki and Marley

Wow...they sort of arranged themselves with their faces about equidistant from me, and I had a split-second to get it, or the moment would be lost. As it so happened, this was the very last frame I took.

I hope to get more time with them in the future and really do a better job for the two of them.

(Shot with the Nikon D300 using the 50mm f/1.8, and the 70-200mm VR zoom lens and the SB-800 flash; aperture-priority, with aperture set to f/5.6; camera chose shutter speed of 1/320 second (top, at ISO 800)  and 1/125 second (bottom, at ISO 400); center-weighted metered; exposure compensation set to -0.7; auto white balance; shot in RAW.)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking such amazing photos of my pups! I absolutely love that last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, tara. i hope we can hook up again and get more pictures of your pups.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. keiki was in the act of blinking -- i caught her at the wrong/right moment.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I love picture No. 1: Keike looks like a starlet protesting the photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pups. For me, taking pics of greyhounds is akin to doggie reportage.

    ReplyDelete