Friday, January 25, 2013

Sadie at the park

I took Sadie and Katie to a nearby park during a break between rain showers that passed through our area yesterday. She is putting up with not being allowed to run, go on long walks, or go crackerdog for now; I can't say she's happy about it.

But I needed an excuse to carry my camera with me because I haven't taken any pictures of the girls for the past week or so. And walking to the park just seemed a good reason to get them out of the house and be outdoors.

There are a few small berms around the perimeter of the park. I had the girls stand on one of them and, as I was kneeling below them, I snapped a few pictures under mostly overcast skies. I hoped that the overcast might keep Katie from squinting but that was not to be. Sadie, however, watched and listened to some dog barking from its backyard that bordered the park.

Sadie

I knelt a short distance away from her because I was trying to get a whole-body shot for a change, but when I started looking at the picture in Lightroom I decided that a close crop of her head appealed to me more. I dodged her eyes a bit to bring them out, added some sharpening on her face, and added a vignette to emphasize her face as the main subject.

After we were done we left the park and crossed the street to go home. I looked down at Sadie, and she at me, and I knew by the mischievous look in her eyes that she wanted to start pogo-ing as is her habit when we're walking down the street. But I had to say "no." I rubbed my hand over the top of her head and said a few words to her, and hating that I had to deny her the fun we have grown accustomed to having. I hope I don't have to keep telling "no" for much longer.

(Shot with the Nikon D600 using the 50mm f/1.8 lens; aperture-priority with aperture set to f/4; camera chose a shutter speed of 1/160 second at ISO 100; cloudy white balance; normal JPG.)

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet face. Bet it was hard to deny her anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...like when she grabs a toy and starts prancing, leaping, and stepping around with it and i have to say, "no."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have to tell them 'for their own good'. I hated telling Henry he couldn't run..so I understand. Hopefully, it wont' be for too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a follow-up exam and cold laser treatment is on tab for tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. I know it is so hard to say "no." Hoping that you can say "yes" soon. Beautiful picture of your girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she play-bowed at me a few times tonight. i distracted her by doing something else with her. i'm hoping she'll be allowed to be a bit more active...within reason.

      Delete