Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bailee-Mae

Last week, on a warm (mid-70s!) January afternoon, I had a photo shoot with three pups: Bailee-Mae, LouLou, and Tink. Bailee-Mae is thirteen and a mixed-breed. Friendly. A tail-wagger. Big puppy feet. And soft, thick fur.

Trying to photograph three dogs individually when all are in the same room is not the ideal way to get any one of them photographed. So after getting a few photos of her (like this one):

Bailee-Mae

Bailee-Mae was put in the kitchen behind a baby gate while I spent some time with the greyhounds LouLou and Tink. She quietly waited for her turn:

Bailee-Mae

Then I went back and shot a few more pictures of the greyhounds. When I looked back at her, she gave me this face:

20130131_0053

Ack! Okay, I said, let's try and take everyone out into the backyard and see what we can get. Switching from my 50mm to the 70-200mm I tried to back away far enough so that I was outside that zoom lens' minimum focusing distance of five feet:

Bailee-Mae

I think perhaps the following photo turned out just as I had imagined it:

Bailee-Mae and Julie

Focusing on Bailee-Mae's face, a relatively wide aperture (f/4) makes a nice transition from her to her owner.

With a bit of good fortune and a pleased owner I'll get to do another photo shoot with these pups again.

5 comments:

  1. Pawsome shots. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, molly! i hope your thursday is a good one.

      Delete
  2. What great shots of Bailee-Mae. She has a very expressive face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is a very cool dog. i should've gotten a picture of her puppy feet.

      Delete
  3. She's so sweet and fluffy! I adore her face. I think you got some great shots of her!

    ReplyDelete