Thursday, March 10, 2011

Katie on a $&#%(*@'s late afternoon

(Aimee, this one's for you...)

I took this picture on a late afternoon while learning how to use the Canon Powershot SD880 IS point-and-shoot camera. The light at this time of day is less likely to overexpose her white fur, and the shadows are less harsh than at mid-day. I tried to position her against a dark background in order to make her stand out. I tried to not frame her so closely (I like getting up close) but zooming in and out would take too long, I'd lose both the lighting and Katie standing still, so I took the picture. I learned when using this camera to set the exposure compensation to -1/3 so as not to overexpose.

Katie

(Shot with the Canon Powershot SD880 IS; f/5.0 @ 1/160 sec; ISO 400; medium JPG.)

No comments:

Post a Comment