Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sadie #43

I made a more concerted attempt to get a picture of Sadie today. When she followed me into our bedroom and waited for me to do something with her, I had the camera ready. The light bouncing off our wood floor and coming through our windows had a nice effect on her. But she still didn't look quite right. Then, a car outside revved its engine a few times, which caught Sadie's attention.

Sadie 

When I imported the picture into Lightroom I was perfectly willing to leave it in color. But the wood floor reflected an orange cast on the underside of Sadie's face. So I thought I'd see what I'd get if I converted the image to black-and-white. I made a few exposure adjustments, added some sharpness to her face, and used the Iris Enhance adjustment preset to her eyes.

This is the 43rd picture I've taken of Sadie this year.

(Shot with the Nikon D300 using the 50mm lens; aperture-priority, with aperture set to f/2; camera chose shutter of 1/640 second at ISO 400; center-weighted metered; auto white balance; normal JPG.)

4 comments:

  1. I have got to find that preset! That picture of her is amazing. I don't think you ever take a bad picture, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fat-fingered typo...sorry. anyway...yes, i have, and i do all the time. you just haven't seen them. :P

      Delete
  2. What a sweet face. The title made me think of the announcers at Westminster. This is Sadie dog # 43 competing for best in group...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Her face looks great and she has such a nice expression.

    ReplyDelete