Monday, August 5, 2013

Katie hears a noise -- 11 days post-amp

By eleven days post-amp, when this picture was taken, Katie had been going outdoors to lie on our front lawn for awhile. Sometimes she would take a short nap in the sun; other times I thought it was to get out of the house at night because it was cooler outdoors.

Before spending a few minutes on the front lawn with her, I had my iPhone with me and tried to get a few pictures. I lay prone on the sidewalk to get a little below her eye level. Then I waited for a moment. I used the Camera Awesome app to get this vintage effect of Katie hearing something going on in the alley across the street:


Sometimes I don't feel like taking my Nikon outside: it's so much easier to just pull my iPhone out of my pocket and take a snap. Cell phone cameras were terrible when they first came out, but the iPhone camera is very good, and it is so easy to share a photo on Facebook with those you know.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely picture of Katie. I agree, the iPhone camera is wonderful. I don't have one, but I certainly enjoy the pictures of many who do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture of Katie! I use my iPhone camera quite a bit, but it will never be my Nikon! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looking regal. As they always say, the camera you have is better than the camera left at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie is such a poster girl for tripods :) I don't use my iPhone to take photos much, I'm always disappointed, but I think it's the operator not the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful! I love my iPhone and can get some really good photos with it outside, but I'm never quite satisfied with my indoor pictures with it. Still, I agree it is so much easier than toting a Nikon (or my case a Canon) around!

    ReplyDelete