Friday, March 2, 2012

Before & After #1: Je T'aime

I've been asked by a few readers to show a picture before and after processing in Lightroom. So, before I bore anyone totally silly, here's my first before-and-after:


This is a photo I took of Je T'aime, one of the greyhounds I did a session with during the Solvang Greyhound Fest. Hardest of all the things for me to do here was removing the saliva bubbles on the lower lip. I guess I could've wiped her mouth before I started shooting but I'll have to remember to check for things like that when I do my next session.

6 comments:

  1. I still haven't figured out how to do touch ups like that with Lightroom. I know how to do it in Photoshop, but I haven't been able to figure it out in Lightroom at all.

    Did you do basic light adjustment on the picture or did you use some kind of preset to get what you wanted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i usually start from the top set of adjustments and work my way down to the bottom of the panel. usually any sharpening is the very last thing i do to any picture.

      Delete
  2. Love this! What are the benefits of Lightroom? I have Photoshop CS4 and Aperature, but don't really know much about making either work. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. non-destructive image-editing for me. as long as you don't need layers, blend modes, text, quick selections, HDR, and other things, lightroom is worth a look. and if you do need PS, switching to it from lightroom is easy.

      there have been a few occasions where i ran PS from lightroom, but most of what i need to do i can take of using LR.

      Delete
  3. I just ordered Lightroom...now I just have to figure out how to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete