Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sadie #83

Sadie

When I saw Sadie illuminated this way last week I had to try and capture it. I set the aperture on the 50mm lens to f/2 and really tried to steady myself after I focused on her eye. Shooting nearly wide-open does not allow much room for error, so I'm pleased that I got what I did.

This is the eighty-third picture I've taken of her this year.

(Shot with the Nikon D300 using the 50mm lens; aperture-priority, with aperture set to f/2; camera chose 1/50 second at ISO 200; center-weighted metered; auto white balance; normal JPG.)

4 comments:

  1. Such soft light, and the glint off her eye. I think f/2 is my sweet spot onthe 50mm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such perfect lighting! What a beautiful capture of her. Sadie is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know what Sadie is thinking:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so would i...although when she starts shifting her eyes back and forth while staring at me i'm pretty sure i know what's coming.

      Delete