Saturday, March 24, 2012

Would you like some stinkeye with your photo?

Sometimes you don't know how a greyhound will react when you point your camera in their direction. Many are fine with it; some don't like it when the flash goes off; others must investigate and plant their nose on your lens because you've knelt down to their eye level. Others are not sure what you're up to, and so you might get this:

20120224_0305

This hound's eye color reminds me of a friend's greyhounds, Doolin and Minerva, who live in Massachusetts, or of Bunny, who I photographed at Dewey last year.

They're not called sighthounds for nothing.

(Shot with the Nikon D300 using the 50mm lens; program mode; camera chose shutter speed of 1/30 second at f/2.8 at ISO 800; spot-metered; auto white balance; normal JPG).

7 comments:

  1. So princess like, a glowing fur, crossed paws, beautiful eyes.
    Beautiful pic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the paws are crossed, so it's stinkeye, but still in a regal way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous, and obviously royalty! lol Her eyes remind me of Bunny's. Usually I see that light color in the recessive gene dogs. You have to get the lighting just right to get it to show, though! Even with that look of disdain on her face, that's a gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has me laughing! You are suspect, Steve, and you ARE being watched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get plenty of stinkeye from my Puddin when photgraphing her too!

    ReplyDelete